Much to my surprise you are here. Thanks for sharing this journey with me. Here are the top 10 things you may or may not want to know about me. If this is your first visit to the blog I suggest you read the blog from the beginning. Start here
Grief is a journey with a beginning, but no end.
- I am a self-taught cook and photographer living in the suburbs of Philadelphia.
- I am married 36 years to the love of my life.
- I am the proud mother of Caitlin and William and grandma to Annabelle. I didn’t know how deep love goes until I lost my sweet William.
- I enjoyed a 30+year career as a Physician Assistant specializing in adolescent medicine.
- I started creating original recipes and entering them in contests back in 1990. I am a multi-national award winning home cook.
- I started this blog because I have promised myself to follow in William’s light. This is just another example of me stepping out of my comfort zone. If it helps just one grieving parent celebrate their child’s life then my mission has been accomplished.
- I have a mutt named Deacon who will do anything for food.
- I enjoy gardening, foraging for my food, kayaking and making jewelry.
- I have been cooking my whole life. Food is love made edible and I find cooking and baking so very therapeutic. It puts me in a zen mode like nothing else. Unless otherwise noted all the recipes here are my original creations.
- If you have read this far please accept my heartfelt gratitude. I am happy you are here and always grateful for any kindness shown me.
And it is official: I am a Food Network CHOPPED CHAMPION (5/6/2014)
I am also a certified Food Champ Judge and credentialed Steak Competition Association judge and happy to travel to your event to judge food competitions.
Contact me: Lisakeys64@gmail.com